Free The Tone pretty much says it all in their name. For this company it is not just about a single sound or component but about an entire system. The aim of Free The Tone is to create an environment that allows for a trouble free performance giving a positive effect on the users sound.
Fancy talk aside, these devices are seriously top of the line, innovative and inspiring. They are leaving no stone un-turned in a quest for the truest tone possible.
Let's go through a few of theses awe inspiring pedals.
FLIGHT TIME FT-2Y
While keeping all of the FT-1Y’s ample feature set (including the world’s first Realtime BPM Analyzer*1, *2, Delay Time Offset features, etc.), the FT-2Y has further advanced in both sound quality and functionality with the addition of instrument/line level switching, instant preset switching, MIDI out function. Pursuing higher sound quality and ease of use we concentrated the latest technologies of FREE THE TONE upon this unparalleled delay effects unit “FLIGHT TIME FT-2Y”.
The Realtime BPM Analyzer adjusts the delay time by automatically trimming the BPM based on realtime tempo analysis of the current performance within the range of ±20% of the tempo (BPM) information tap-entered by using a footswitch.
AMBI SPACE AS-1R
By using FTT’s original algorithm, the AMBI SPACE combines various elements to achieve a mechanism for producing complex reverberation, through the use of a 32-bit dual core chip and a 32-bit high precision DSP. While the high quality, natural and musical sounding reverberation realized in this compact device can of course be used for electric guitars and basses, as well as for acoustic guitars and vocals, it is equally at home in other situations, such as recording and mixing.
In FTT’s newly developed and original reverb sounds “CAVE” and “SERENE”, the early reflections and late reverberation are added in multiple steps to realize a complex harmonic structure comprising enhanced frequency components, all of which creates an almost magical, transparent and spatial sounding reverb like you’ve never heard before. These new reverb sounds will stimulate your imagination.
- The AMBI SPACE uses a dual core chip with a 32-bit main CPU and 32-bit co-processor and performs high speed calculations using the 32-bit high precision DSP to generate sounds comparable to those from rack mount effects units, although it is actually a compact effects unit.
- Up to four settings of all knobs can be memorized as presets.
- These four presets can be recalled by MIDI program-change numbers.
- Six reverb modes are provided: SPRING, PLATE, ROOM, HALL, CAVE, and SERENE.
- In Free The Tone’s unique reverb modes “CAVE” and “SERENE”, sounds with a rich harmonic structure are created by complex reverberation patterns being added to the reverb sound in multiple stages to realize unprecedented, transparent and spatial reverb sounds.
- Original (dry) sounds pass through the unit from input to output as analog signals and are mixed with reverb sounds by the internal analog mixer, so the unit can output signals without spoiling the original sound quality.
- The unit contains one of the major features of the Free The Tone products, the HTS (Holistic Tonal Solution) circuit. It manages signals comprehensively from input to output so that there is no change in sound character when the effect is turned on or off.
TRI AVATAR TA-1H
The Free The Tone TA-1H “TRI AVATAR” is a next generation chorus pedal with four signal paths for three chorus sounds (three phases) and one dry signal. In stereo operation the first phase of chorus sound is assigned to the L side, the second phase to the L+R sides, and the third phase to the R side.
In monaural operation all of the three phases are mixed together. By mixing three independent chorus sounds the TRI AVATAR adds more width and depth to its output and the result exceeds that which can be achieved by conventional stereo chorus pedals. Problems with usual chorus units such as unintentional pitch changes, sound images with blurred lower end, and noises relating to sweep timing have been solved by combining Free The Tone’s analog and digital technologies and with its unique know-how.
- Three independent pitch-modulation signal paths and one dry signal path for mixing in the analog domain.
- A widening effect characteristic of three-phase choruses is attained by 120˚ shifting of the phase in each signal modulation path.
- Supports both stereo and monaural operation. In monaural operation, all of signals from the three modulation paths are mixed, enabling diverse sound creation.
- Next generation chorus sound with minimum noise has been attained by adopting 24-bit AD/DA converters and with Free The Tone’s original signal processing and algorithms.
- Up to four sets of knob settings can be stored as presets. These four presets can be recalled via MIDI signals.
- RATE or HI-CUT parameters can be controlled in real-time from an expression pedal plugged into the EXP terminal.
- Implemented HTS circuit
The FREE THE TONE HB-2 HEAT BLASTER features a modern distortion sound. With the HI CUT and LOW CUT switches, you can create variations in sound.
The HI CUT switch cuts the presence range to create a mellow sound that can still cut through. By turning the TONE knob clockwise with the HI CUT switch activated, a mellow sound that remains clear can be obtained. This is especially suitable for guitar solos.
The LOW CUT switch cuts low frequencies. A combination of the bass and drums in the low frequency range is important for a band sound. The LOW CUT switch allows you to trim the low end that cannot be adjusted by an amplifier’s tone circuit. Effect on/off switching uses a special true-bypass method in which the signal goes through only one line in the switch in Bypass mode.
The FREE THE TONE SOV-2 OVERDRIVE uses a high performance DC-DC converter for its internal power supply circuit and drives its signal circuit by supplying ±15 Vdc, providing natural amplification of guitar sound and characteristics.
The SOV-2 with ample overtones features singing overdrive tone that can express subtle picking nuances as differences in timber.
For further info on our selection of Free The Tone stock contact Michael at the shop or jump on chat and we will hook you up!