Measuring only 2.3' wide, the NEW Compact Direct Drive brings a colossal catalog of vintage British voice to your pedal-board.
We packed the most desirable sounds of the Direct Drive, Direct Drive Low Gain (LG) and Super Sport into one clean and compact pedal. If you like the sound of the early UK combos with kt66 tubes, it's in there. If you bleed for the sound of a 4 input head with a wall of 4x12 cabs, it's in there. If you live for the sound of a carefully modified master volume gem from the early 80's, it's in there too. The Compact Direct Drive uses a simple layout of three knobs, a gain toggle and a harmonics toggle to delivery it's wide array from elastic-bells of GZ34-sag, to the hells-bells of a tight EL34-crush. Throw away the clock, tell the family you're taking a solo holiday, there is a Compact Direct Drive on the way.The Compact Direct Drive has real honest solder lugs for jacks, true-bypass footswitch, toggles and pots. There are no worries about PCB mounted thru-panel parts that cant be serviced on the road, or that lead to high cost repairs. Nothing but the best tried and true hand-built methods adorn the interior of the Barber Electronics Direct Drive. The Direct Drive has a generous 2 1/2' of clearance between the front edge of the footswitch and the back edge of the knobs, no more worries about changing your settings with each click of your footswitch.
- Internal bass control- The Direct Drive can dial in a stronger deeper bass response to perfectly match amplifiers.
- Adjustable presence circuit- The internal presence circuit allows the Direct Drive excellent clarity while limiting fizzy artifacts.
- True bypass switching with led indicator- this is achieved by using an high grade switch, in addendum Solid 20 gauge copper hookup wire is used between the jacks and switching to create an exceptional bypass.
- Full size pots- for durability and easy serviceability if needed.
- Hand made-we make the Direct Drive one at a time and each one is initialed and dated by the craftsman.
- Volume knob response circuitry- more shades and textures at your fingertips just by adjusting your volume knob.
- Cast aluminum enclosure-our incredibly durable enclosure will last a lifetime.
- Double sided pc board with plate through holes- This is an extremely durable PCB with added serviceability from the top of the board.
- Low compression artifacts!- By carefully tuning the Direct Drive compression has been reduced to the most amp like response to date!!
- Three knob control for tonal versatility- The Direct drive uses a simple three knob control layout with a push/pull tone knob for a second Fat Harmonics voice. With the Tone control pushed in the Direct Drive brings the classic tones of the past to veteran players then simply pull the tone knob for modern fat harmonic tones...KILLER!
- High quality components- Players have requested the use of carbon resistors, metalized polyester caps Elna silk particulate audio caps. These components were thought to be only available on the highest priced pedals. Players asked, and we deliver...no problem, no exaggerated "boutique builder" pricing.
- Ready for 18 volt operation- The Direct Drive operates from 9 volts to 18 volts, this allows use of higher voltage converters and supplies, for players who want to try higher voltage tweaks.
- Barber adjustable phono style recovery stage- Most of our op-amp based overdrive pedals use a cool old style phonograph circuit to recover the frequencies lost in the overdrive stage, this worked great for vinyl and now works great for guitar overdrive!
Do you need help with something? Click here to speak with a live support agent.
What type of payments do you accept?
We accept payments from MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express and PayPal. You can read about our financing options here.
What is your shipping policy?
We will ship completed orders Monday-Friday. Orders placed and paid before 1:00pm. PST will ship that same day. All completed orders after the cutoff time will ship the following business day. RGS does not ship on Saturday or Sunday.
What is your return policy?
We offer a 30 day Exchange policy for new purchases. We ask that you please return the product in the original product packaging along with all included materials (manual, warranty card, all accessories) and in the original condition that it was received and we will exchange it for any product on ours site. Please note that we do charge a $5 dollar exchange fee to cover our shipping cost. We are a small business and do not offer a cash refund. We cannot take returns on sealed product. We do not accept returns for guitars and amplifiers under any circumstances. Unfortunately we also cannot cancel orders or pre-orders. We are happy to exchange for another product if you are no longer interested in the new release or backordered items