Boomerang III Phrase Sampler (E-156) This powerful pedal continues the Boomerang tradition of a simple user interface but adds many new features customers have requested.
It records in true stereo (or mono), and has over 23 minutes of mono recording at 24KHz/16 bits and over 9 minutes at 48KHz/20 bits. There are 6 independent loops that can be played sequentially (verse/chorus/bridge use) or simultaneously. In the latter mode the loops may be synched or played totally independent from each other. After the primary loop is recorded, there are additional 'layers' that can be recorded. The layers can be silenced, played or re-recorded. Additional material may be stacked on (added to) any of the layers. This provides a multilevel undo/redo capability. The user can assign a number of interesting and useful functions to a 'Bonus' button. We anticipate having the following functions, and possibly more: loop extend, loop copy, octave down effect (for bass line creation), metronome with loop quantize, reverse playback, reverse lead live, auto fade out and layer merging (combining all layers to free up memory). There will be a variety of signal routing options and a Pedal Link system so multiple units can be synched. It will be about half the size of the Range Plus. As with our earlier models there will be no MIDI or USB connectivity, and no permanent storage of loops. We will insure that the pedal is easy to operate and as intuitive as the current one, but it will be deeper if you want to explore the new features.
- Easily syncs to an external MIDI clock source. The MIDI Start and Stop commands are supported as well.
- Flexibility provided by 4 distinct Play Styles.
- Serial Play Style - loops play one after the other for building a song in verse/chorus/bridge fashion.
- Serial Master Play Style - For serial style loopers it's nice to have a rhythmic background behind the melodic loops. Mute
- the strings and record a short "chika-chika" or beat on the sides of your acoustic axe. This rhythmic master loop can
- then play along with any other loop.
- Sync Play Style - all loops can play simultaneously and are synced so they stay together.
- Free Play Style - all loops can play simultaneously and are NOT synced; this is great for creating ambient soundscapes.
- 3 or 4 loops - your choice.
- Maximum recording time varies but can be as long as 35 minutes.
- 48KHz true stereo recording yields about 4 1/2 minutes
- 48KHz mono recording yields almost 9 minutes
- 24KHz true stereo recording yields almost 9 minutes
- 24KHz mono recording yields over 17 1/2 minutes
- 12KHz mono recording yields over 35 minutes
- Stacking - "stacking" is adding a part to a loop (There is no limit to the number of parts you can stack.)
- Undo/Redo - the last part stacked can be muted, then played again or rerecorded.
- Erase - loops can be erased one at a time or all at once; some loops can be erased while others plays.
- Copy Loop - a complete loop can be copied whether it is playing or not.
- Copy Live - this enables "re-sampling" and is very powerful; the pedal's output is routed to a new loop.
- Octave - loop plays at half speed and an octave lower.
- Reverse - loop plays backwards.
- Once - loop plays one time through then stops or if already playing, it stops at its end.
- Stutter - enables repeatedly starting a loop over before it plays all the way through, sort of like record scratching.
- Fade - loop(s) fades in or out with one button press; fade time can be 3 to 43 seconds.
- Reverse Solo - this is a built-in effect and enables you to create reverse leads live.
- Two Sample Rates - 48KHz or 24KHz, both use 20 bit samples; through signal is always 48KHz / 24 bits.
- Thru Mute Function - turns off through signal.
- Expression Pedal Jack - connect an expression pedal for foot control of overall playback volume or Decay Rate.
- Volume Knobs
- Serial & Serial-Sync Play Styles
- Volume controls playback level
- Sync & Free Play Styles
- Volume controls playback level of loop 1
- Vol 2 controls playback level of loop 2
- Vol 3 controls playback level of loop 3
- Vol 4 controls playback level of loop 4
- Decay Rate Knob - sets the rate at which earlier parts fade when new ones are added; continuously variable from 0-100%.
- Stereo or Mono - recording and playback will be stereo or mono depending on which of the Smart Jacks you use.
- Smart Jacks - the Rang‰ã¢ III senses which jacks are being used and provides different signal routing options.
- Rugged 9" x 6" x 2" steel chassis.
Do you need help with something? Click here to speak with a live support agent.
What type of payments do you accept?
We accept payments from MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express and PayPal. You can read about our financing options here.
What is your shipping policy?
We will ship completed orders Monday-Friday. Orders placed and paid before 1:00pm. PST will ship that same day. All completed orders after the cutoff time will ship the following business day. RGS does not ship on Saturday or Sunday.
What is your return policy?
We offer a 30 day Exchange policy for new purchases. We ask that you please return the product in the original product packaging along with all included materials (manual, warranty card, all accessories) and in the original condition that it was received and we will exchange it for any product on ours site. Please note that we do charge a $5 dollar exchange fee to cover our shipping cost. We are a small business and do not offer a cash refund. We cannot take returns on sealed product. We do not accept returns for guitars and amplifiers under any circumstances. Unfortunately we also cannot cancel orders or pre-orders. We are happy to exchange for another product if you are no longer interested in the new release or backordered items