The Cascade VIN-JET ribbon microphone features a 2 7/16‰ long ribbon of aluminum suspended in the field of a pair of Neodymium rare earth permanent magnets. When the ribbon is exposed to sound it vibrates within the magnetic field and a tiny current is induced in the ribbon. This current is amplified to produce sound. What makes ribbon microphones so incredibly sensitive and accurate is that the signal comes directly from the material that senses the sound; nothing is lost in translation. The result is the most intimate, warm, and articulate sound produced by any type of microphone. Ribbon microphones are an excellent choice for recording guitar cabinets, drum overheads and vocals.
Neodymium rare earth permanent magnet is a new kind of magnetic material developed in the 1980s with excellent magnetic characteristics in terms of a high-energy product, high coercive force etc. It is the strongest and most powerful magnetic material up to now and regarded as "The King of Magnets".
- Type: Ribbon (velocity) Microphone
- Ribbon type & Dimensions: 99% Pure aluminum, 2.5 micron, 2 7/16" (L) X 3/16" (W)
- Polar pattern: Figure 8 Symmetrical design
- Sensitivity: -54.8 dB (1.8 mV/Pa)
- Smooth, natural extended low and high ends
- Fast, accurate transient response
- Wide, extended sweet spots
- 135dB SPL capability
- Connector: 3-Pin male XLR
- Ideal for stereo microphone setups
- Size: 2 1/8" (O.D. grill), 2" (O.D. body)Overall length 8 3/8
- VIN-JET Long Ribbon Microphone
- Aluminum case
- Premium suspension shockmount
- Thick vinyl storage pouch
- Micro-fiber cleaning cloth
- Specifications and typical measurement report
Do you need help with something? Click here to speak with a live support agent.
What type of payments do you accept?
We accept payments from MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express and PayPal. You can read about our financing options here.
What is your shipping policy?
We will ship completed orders Monday-Friday. Orders placed and paid before 1:00pm. PST will ship that same day. All completed orders after the cutoff time will ship the following business day. RGS does not ship on Saturday or Sunday.
What is your return policy?
We offer a 30 day Exchange policy for new purchases. We ask that you please return the product in the original product packaging along with all included materials (manual, warranty card, all accessories) and in the original condition that it was received and we will exchange it for any product on ours site. Please note that we do charge a $5 dollar exchange fee to cover our shipping cost. We are a small business and do not offer a cash refund. We cannot take returns on sealed product. We do not accept returns for guitars and amplifiers under any circumstances. Unfortunately we also cannot cancel orders or pre-orders. We are happy to exchange for another product if you are no longer interested in the new release or backordered items