The X-15 Stereo ribbon microphone houses two separate matched ribbon motors that are positioned one above the other. The elements are offset 90 degrees and are configured in the Blumlein setup. Stereo separation is superb and off-axis coloration is minimal. Add in the excellent sensitivity and frequency response range the X-15 is ready for the big leagues. The fit and finish are of top quality and includes a premium suspension shockmount, thick padded vinyl pouch and an upgraded aluminum case. Package also includes a 20ft. 5-Pin XLR cable that connects to a splitter cable for conection to upper and lower ribbon motors.
Legendary symmetrical ribbon design is incorporated into the X-15
Unlike most ribbon motors designed today with an offset ribbon element the new Cascade X-15 houses two hand-tuned ribbon elements that incorporate the legendary symmetrical ribbon design. This design offers a true figure 8 pattern. The corrugated aluminum membrane itself is positioned in the center from front to back, thus producing a balanced audio input signal to both sides of the ribbon assembly.
- Type: Ribbon (velocity) Microphone
- Ribbon type & Dimensions: 99% Pure aluminum, 2.5 micron, 1 3/4" (L) X 3/16" (W)
- Polar pattern: Figure 8 Symmetrical design
- Sensitivity: -51.7 dB +/- 2dB (2.6 mV/Pa)
- Frequency response: See PDF below
- Output Impedance: <=200 Ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >1000 Ohms
- Max.SPL (1% THD @1000 Hz): 135 dB
- Connector: Heavy gauge 5-Pin male XLR
- Size: Diameter: 1 1/4" (O.D. grill), overall length 9 1/2", 1" (O.D. body)
- X-15 Stereo Ribbon Microphone
- Aluminum case
- Premium suspension shockmount
- Thick padded vinyl pouch
- Wind filter
- 20ft. 5-Pin XLR cable
- Splitter cable for left right channels
- Micro-fiber cleaning cloth
- Specifications and typical measurement report
Do you need help with something? Click here to speak with a live support agent.
What type of payments do you accept?
We accept payments from MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express and PayPal. You can read about our financing options here.
What is your shipping policy?
We will ship completed orders Monday-Friday. Orders placed and paid before 1:00pm. PST will ship that same day. All completed orders after the cutoff time will ship the following business day. RGS does not ship on Saturday or Sunday.
What is your return policy?
We offer a 30 day Exchange policy for new purchases. We ask that you please return the product in the original product packaging along with all included materials (manual, warranty card, all accessories) and in the original condition that it was received and we will exchange it for any product on ours site. Please note that we do charge a $5 dollar exchange fee to cover our shipping cost. We are a small business and do not offer a cash refund. We cannot take returns on sealed product. We do not accept returns for guitars and amplifiers under any circumstances. Unfortunately we also cannot cancel orders or pre-orders. We are happy to exchange for another product if you are no longer interested in the new release or backordered items