The Halo Chorus is a combination delay/pitch modulation/phase modulation chorus design with autoconfigurable I/O for mono, mono in/stereo out, and stereo in/stereo out operation.
The combination of pitch and phase modulation can be used together or individually for traditional chorus sounds or unique, spatial tones.
In addition to the top mounted controls there are two user adjustable internal controls (delay time and LFO wave shape) that allow for fine tuning of the chorus from deep and syrupy to light and airy and all points in between.
The stereo ins and outs with independent pitch and phase modulation signal paths allow for a wide variety of parallel and serial configuration options.
Click here for our first MP3 clip of the Halo Chorus, demonstrating Halo controls all set at around 1 to 2 o‰۪clock on the dials. The guitar used is a new American 70‰Û_s Strat, info the Halo Chorus, then left channel out to a Fender Custom Shop Vibroverb reissue and right channel to a Marshall 1974x reissue. The sample starts with a stereo recording of the two dry amps, then the Halo switches in for the remainder of the sample.
This second MP3 sample demonstrates the Halo with a Boss EV-5 expression pedal controlling the LFO speed. This sample used a Tele into the Halo into a silver face Fender Princeton Reverb and the Marshall 1974x reissue. This sample has the Halo on throughout its duration.
- parallel combination of delay / pitch modulation and phase modulation gives versatile control over modulation effects from light chorusing to deep ‰Û÷vibey‰۪ swirl
- stereo operation gives wide stereo image spread while preserving the original guitar tone
- NOS MN3007 analog bucket brigade chip running at 15V rails for extended headroom
- dual opto ‰Û÷vibe‰۪ phase modulation path also running at 15V rails
- all analog circuitry
- autoconfigures for mono, mono in / stereo out, and stereo in / stereo out operation
- pure sinusoidal LFO using a dedicated function generator IC for smooth modulation with variable ‰Û÷SPEED‰۪ and chorus pitch modulation depth ‰Û÷CH DEPTH‰۪
- ‰Û÷CH MIX‰۪ and ‰Û÷PM MIX‰۪ controls allows independent control of chorus and phase modulation mix levels in both mono and stereo configurations
- kill-dry switch for parallel FX loop operation or use of chorus path for pure vibrato
- mono input signal passed through to both outputs on bypass
- phase switch to invert phase of right channel output relative to left
- LED indication of LFO speed
- expression pedal control of LFO speed
- same Vishay JFET / audiophile BurrBrown opamp signal path as in Memory Lane delay
- telecom grade relay switched true bypass operation on all inputs and outputs
- internally regulated to 15V, can be run from provided 24V adapter or from 18V pedal board power supply outputs (including Y-cable powering from 2 9V outputs on the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus, Burkey Flatliner or other compatible power supply)
- genuine Hammond cast aluminium 4.7 x 4.7 x 1.0 inch case
Do you need help with something? Click here to speak with a live support agent.
What type of payments do you accept?
We accept payments from MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express and PayPal. You can read about our financing options here.
What is your shipping policy?
We will ship completed orders Monday-Friday. Orders placed and paid before 1:00pm. PST will ship that same day. All completed orders after the cutoff time will ship the following business day. RGS does not ship on Saturday or Sunday.
What is your return policy?
We offer a 30 day Exchange policy for new purchases. We ask that you please return the product in the original product packaging along with all included materials (manual, warranty card, all accessories) and in the original condition that it was received and we will exchange it for any product on ours site. Please note that we do charge a $5 dollar exchange fee to cover our shipping cost. We are a small business and do not offer a cash refund. We cannot take returns on sealed product. We do not accept returns for guitars and amplifiers under any circumstances. Unfortunately we also cannot cancel orders or pre-orders. We are happy to exchange for another product if you are no longer interested in the new release or backordered items