Vintage-sounding germanium Fuzz pedal, a legendary sound that helped shape a generation... Made with carbon comp resistors for a pure vintage sound!
There are many variables that determine the quality, sound and cleanability of a Germanium Fuzz pedal. We feel transistor choice is crucial, therefore we have searched and found the best and extremely raregermanium transistors ever made : theCV7003, military-spec OC44 germanium transistors. The CV7003 is extremely consistent as well as heat-resistant, much more than the AC128 and NKT275 transistors are, making our Fuzz Phrase stand out from its competition. Each individual transistor is measured for gain and leakage and then hand picked and matched through sound audition.
Just mess around with the guitar volume to find the sweet spots, from clean, to rude, to devastating!
- Controls : Level , Gain, internal BIAS trimmer
- It works with a 9V battery or 9V boss-type DC adaptor.
- Dimensions : 111 x 60 x 32 mm
- Limited Life-time warranty !
Powering the Fuzz Phrase :
- Using a battery (recommended): It is best to use a regular 9v battery (not alkaline or lithium) as it looses its power gradually making the pedal sound warmer and fuzzier ! If you want to have your pedal mounted on a pedal board and keep it plugged in at all times without draining the batterys life, you can use the small DC plug provided on the power jack, everytime youre not playing.
- 9v Boss-type power supply (tip negative): *Caution : this circuit uses positive ground. Therefore you cannot connect this pedal to any type of chained power supply linked with other common DC-powered pedals, unless the power supply unit features separate isolated DC outputs, into which you can plug the Fuzz Phrase.
- The 3rd option is to use a 9v chained power supply (eg 1spot), but you will need the Diago positive ground adaptor. If you choose to connect another non-true-bypass pedal before the Fuzz Phrase, in your pedal chain, our opinion is the pedal will not reach its maximum tonal capacity. You can check this out, hear the difference, and decide for yourself. It uses only 5mA of power when ON and barely any power when off (under 0.2mA!) so the battery will last hundreds of hours!
Do you need help with something? Click here to speak with a live support agent.
What type of payments do you accept?
We accept payments from MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express and PayPal. You can read about our financing options here.
What is your shipping policy?
We will ship completed orders Monday-Friday. Orders placed and paid before 1:00pm. PST will ship that same day. All completed orders after the cutoff time will ship the following business day. RGS does not ship on Saturday or Sunday.
What is your return policy?
We offer a 30 day Exchange policy for new purchases. We ask that you please return the product in the original product packaging along with all included materials (manual, warranty card, all accessories) and in the original condition that it was received and we will exchange it for any product on ours site. Please note that we do charge a $5 dollar exchange fee to cover our shipping cost. We are a small business and do not offer a cash refund. We cannot take returns on sealed product. We do not accept returns for guitars and amplifiers under any circumstances. Unfortunately we also cannot cancel orders or pre-orders. We are happy to exchange for another product if you are no longer interested in the new release or backordered items