The Soleman is a versatile, highly configurable hardware and software MIDI controller housed in a durable, compact package. It has two hardware MIDI outputs, which allow it to interface with any hardware that adheres to the MIDI standard. It also has a USB-MIDI interface for direct control of MIDI-compatible software such as DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations), virtual instruments, synths, or VST plugins. The four footswitches scroll through scenes, launch individual MIDI messages, step through set lists, or trigger highly customizable MIDI macros. An external switch port allows for two additional footswitches to make navigation more convenient. The expression input allows the user to use a passive expression pedal to generate MIDI continuous controller messages in a very flexible manner, providing direct expressive control over MIDI-compatible devices and software. The Soleman’s high-contrast LCD is visible in light conditions ranging from a dark stage to direct sunlight. It displays relevant information about scenes, set lists, MIDI configuration, expression outputs, and other modes.
Additional Features and Specifications
- The Soleman is a versatile, highly configurable MIDI controller contained in a compact and durable housing. Use it to control any MIDI compatible hardware and software, or as the command center to your Source Audio Neuro Effects System.
- Four Footswitches—Use the footswitches to scroll through presets (ie “scenes”), launch individual MIDI messages, step through set lists, or trigger highly customizable MIDI macros. Configure footswitch functionality with any of the Soleman’s three useful control modes.
- Scene Mode—Scroll through all of the Soleman’s 128 Scenes in order with the onboard foot switches.
- List Mode—Arrange Scenes in any order and step through them in sequence. The Soleman stores up to 64 Lists, each containing up to 90 scenes.
- Panel Mode—Store up to 64 “Panels.” Within each panel, assign specific functions to each of the four footswitches like Program Change, Continuous Controller, and Note On/Off messages. Or assign multiple commands to a single footswitch with macro messages.
- Preset (“Scene”) Naming—Create custom names for individual scenes. Scene names are easily read on stage via the pedal’s high-contrast LCD display.
- Configuration Software—The Soleman is highly customizable, using the USB Editor Software that runs on Windows / Mac and connects to the Soleman via USB.
- Two MIDI Outputs—Connect to up to two external hardware MIDI devices directly to the SoleMan using the standard 5-pin DIN connectors.
- USB-MIDI Interface—Class-compliant USB drivers make the Soleman plug-and-play ready for Mac and Windows computers. The Soleman is a USB MIDI device that can be used in digital audio workstation (DAW) software or to control software synthesizers and virtual instruments. It is compatible with built-in drivers on all supported operating systems, so no additional driver installation is required.
- Expression Pedal—The expression input accepts a passive expression pedal and converts it to Continuous Controller (CC) MIDI messages on the MIDI outputs.
- Tap Tempo—Use the Tap Tempo switch to create on-the-fly MIDI clock messages, which can be simultaneously distributed to all connected pedals, rack systems and software.
- External Switch Port—Allows for an additional two-footswitch controller to make navigation more convenient.
- Anodized Aluminum Housing—Dimensions: L: 10.5 in./26.7cm x W: 3.75 in./9.5cm x H: 2.75 in./7cm (including knobs) Weight: 2.2 lb./1 kg.
- Power — 70 mA@9V DC negative tip (positive sleeve) barrel power jack, 2.1 mm inner diameter, 5.5 mm outer diameter 5V DC bus power (USB).
Do you need help with something? Click here to speak with a live support agent.
What type of payments do you accept?
We accept payments from MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express and PayPal. You can read about our financing options here.
What is your shipping policy?
We will ship completed orders Monday-Friday. Orders placed and paid before 1:00pm. PST will ship that same day. All completed orders after the cutoff time will ship the following business day. RGS does not ship on Saturday or Sunday.
What is your return policy?
We offer a 30 day Exchange policy for new purchases. We ask that you please return the product in the original product packaging along with all included materials (manual, warranty card, all accessories) and in the original condition that it was received and we will exchange it for any product on ours site. Please note that we do charge a $5 dollar exchange fee to cover our shipping cost. We are a small business and do not offer a cash refund. We cannot take returns on sealed product. We do not accept returns for guitars and amplifiers under any circumstances. Unfortunately we also cannot cancel orders or pre-orders. We are happy to exchange for another product if you are no longer interested in the new release or backordered items