Not simply a pedal with his name slapped on it, the Richie Kotzen Signature OMG pedal was an intense collaborative effort.
Richie, who has ears like a bat, was characteristically meticulous about every detail. It took many prototypes to get the OMG pedal to sound --and feel-- the way Richie wanted it. Named not only after one of his songs, ÌÕOMGÌÒ is a perpetual exclamation whenever one hears Richie play.
The all-analog OMG has a unique, slightly asymmetrical distortion that emulates single power tube Class A amplifiers, but with a tighter, quicker and snappier response. It is designed to articulate every nuance of Richie̥s dizzying playing style.
As personal fans ourselves, we are thankful to have had the opportunity to work so closely with Richie. It is greatly rewarding to have him put his stamp of approval on the final product and we take immense pride in now presenting it to you.
- TONE: Specialized voicing for adjusting the high-end and mid-range. At max, it̥s flat. As you reduce the setting, it decreases the high-end without losing mids or getting muddy.
- GIRTH: Custom designed active mid-range control for compatibility with tube amp tone stacks. Cut or boost from 12 o̥clock.
- DRIVE: Adjusts the overall amount of gain and overdrive, similar to when the output section of a tube amp is being pushed. Highly interactive with the level of your guitar. For instance, you can clean up the amount of distortion by decreasing the guitar̥s volume (except in very extreme settings) without having to change the setting on the pedal. Conversely, you can increase the amount of distortion by simply increasing the guitar̥s volume.
- BOOST: Kicks in up to 28dB of pre-amp gain when the OMG is engaged. This wide range facilitates feedback and sustain. Activated via its own footswitch, you can also use Boost independently from the effect for a clean boost.
- 100% analog circuitry.
- Metal footswitches and jacks.
- 1/4-inch high-impedance input.
- 1/4-inch low impedance output.
- Silent-switching, custom footswitch actuators.
- Actual size: 3.75ÌÒ x 4.75ÌÒ x 2.0ÌÒ
- Weight: 12 oz.
- Operable with 9V battery (not included) or optional DC power supplyÌ_
- (Tech 21 Model #DC2)
Do you need help with something? Click here to speak with a live support agent.
What type of payments do you accept?
We accept payments from MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express and PayPal. You can read about our financing options here.
What is your shipping policy?
We will ship completed orders Monday-Friday. Orders placed and paid before 1:00pm. PST will ship that same day. All completed orders after the cutoff time will ship the following business day. RGS does not ship on Saturday or Sunday.
What is your return policy?
We offer a 30 day Exchange policy for new purchases. We ask that you please return the product in the original product packaging along with all included materials (manual, warranty card, all accessories) and in the original condition that it was received and we will exchange it for any product on ours site. Please note that we do charge a $5 dollar exchange fee to cover our shipping cost. We are a small business and do not offer a cash refund. We cannot take returns on sealed product. We do not accept returns for guitars and amplifiers under any circumstances. Unfortunately we also cannot cancel orders or pre-orders. We are happy to exchange for another product if you are no longer interested in the new release or backordered items